On October 19th, Penn Manor will participate in the great shake out earthquake drill This is an opportunity to practice how to protect ourselves during an earthquake.
The three important things your child will learn is to Drop, Cover, & Hold On!
DROP to the ground.
Take COVER by getting under their desk or a table in the classroom.
HOLD ON to your shelter & be prepared to move with it until shaking stops.
The tips above are just the start of knowing how to prepare for and respond to earthquakes. Use the following resources to help ensure your family is ready for the next earthquake.
- American Red Cross: Earthquake Preparedness.
- Earthquake Country Alliance: Welcome to Earthquake Country.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): Earthquake.
- Earthquake Country Alliance: Beat the Quake! Game.
- Department of Homeland Security. Ready Kids: Earthquakes.