Once a month we are required to have a fire drill. Today was the day we did the drill for the month of September. However, about an hour or so later, we had a REAL fire drill. The alarm went off on its own and our wonderful Conestoga volunteer firemen came to the school to check things out. The building was thoroughly examined room by room, and the conclusion was that it was either a faulty smoke detector or a nearby neighbor burning leaves.
Most importantly, your children were always safe!! We can Conestoga “PROUDly” say that the students, along with the teachers, evacuated the building in their normal, orderly, and quiet fashion, just like we practiced!