This Friday, May 4th, is our annual Cruising for Conestoga. The morning will be filled with walking so please remember to have your child wear sneakers that day. This year the PTO is adding another layer of fun on Cruising day. It’s CRAZY HAIR DAY!
So get creative (except no permanent dye), WEAR SNEAKERS and thank you for your continued support.
The next PERKS event will be held May 2, from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. at Martic Elementary School. The school is located at 266 Martic Heights Drive in Holtwood. This is a time for preschoolers and their parents to enjoy a story and short activity together. If you need transportation to the story time, please contact Joy Meley at 201-9934, but you must provide a car seat for your child.
Free coffee for adults & refreshments will be served.
Conestoga’s End of the Year Picnic/Garden Dedication
When: Thursday, May 31st 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Where: Conestoga Elementary School
- Free Food
- Cake Walk
- Balloon Rides
- Live Music
- FUN! FUN! FUN!
Close out the school year with a great night of fun!
*In order to avoid killing trees, here is corrected information for the Conestoga Swim Team.
Join the Conestoga Sharks!
|What: Conestoga Sharks Swim Team Registration
Where: Marticville Middle School
When: Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:30-8:00 PM
Mandatory Parent Meeting from 7:00-7:30 PM
Who: Boys and Girls ages 5-18
Cost: $105 for the first swimmer
$75 for additional swimmers in the same family
How: Online at conestogaswimteam.org
|* Registration will be ONLINE ONLY this year. You may register at any time leading up to our parent meeting or we can help you register online at our meeting.
Conestoga Swim Team is not affiliated with the Penn Manor School District.
**Swimmers must be able to swim approximately one length of the pool unassisted.
** All registrations received after May 25, 2012 will incur a $15 late fee.
See President contact information below if financial assistance is needed.
- · Improve their technique in strokes and skills
- · Learn about commitment and sportsmanship –and how to be a part of a team!
- · Indoor Practices will begin at Pucillo Pool, Millersville University Campus.
May 22-24 and May 29-31 (Tue-Thurs)
Times: New swimmers (age 8 and under) 6:00 – 6:45
Returning swimmers (8 & 10 and under) 6:30 – 7:45
Older swimmers (ages 11-18) 7:30 – 9:00
*If you are unsure about joining, come to the indoor practices to check it out.
- · Outdoor Practices are held at the Conestoga Pool
Evening Practices: June 4 and 5 Time: 10&under- 5-6:15, 11&over- 6-7:30
Regular Summer Practices are held Mondays – Fridays between 8:00 am – 10:30 am
–Specific session times are determined by age groups
- · The season will end with All-Leagues Championships on July 27 & 28.
Questions? Please contact the CST Board President, Ken Webster @ 871-3298 or
Coach Jillian Almoney @ email@example.com
Scout troops 70156 and 71421 visited the Millersville Senior Center last month where they helped make crafts for our overseas troops. A good time was had by all.
On Friday, April 13th, Conestoga Elementary will be having an intruder lockdown drill. This is just a proactive review of these procedures for students and staff. Teachers will discuss this with their students prior to the drill as well as after. Please feel free to have similar discussions at home with your child and give me a call if you have any questions.
There is a PTO meeting tonight at 7 p.m. in the library. All are welcome.
We need to thank a few more people who helped out with the garden.
– First of all, when we said “Clancy” that is Dave Clancy, one of our Conestoga dads.
– Chad & Tracy Mendenhall and Jason & Stephanie Mowery took time to build us the compost bins. They look great!
– Brandon Kendig was a great help with his power washer Saturday. Thanks for going home to get it and getting wet so we could see the driveway again!
– Lydia & Doug Martin were also a huge help. Lydia has offered her plant expertise throughout this entire project and Doug came through with his industrial size pressure washer. Actually the whole family was a great help. Thanks also, Doug, for getting wet and working so hard to get that driveway back to normal. That was no small task!
– And Sandy Mayers!! Our photo lady!! You’re the best! She took some great pictures of the whole project.
EVERYONE!! If we missed you, sorry. You all have been doing a fabulous job. Thank you, thank you!!
Hannah & Beth
Please don’t forget this Friday, April 6th, bring your Chuck E. Cheese discount coupons that were sent home last week and go out for lunch or dinner. Friends and family members are encouraged to help support this event on Friday, April 6.
To kick off the upcoming holiday weekend and to promote turning “fun into funds” for our school, Chuck E. Cheese himself will be visiting school around 3 o’clock tomorrow.
Thank you to our wonderful PTO for providing opportunities that earn funds for their organization to continue enriching the lives of our student body, by providing class trips, assemblies, and movie night, just to name a few things they do for your child and all of us at Conestoga.