THE CONESTOGA SCIENCE FAIR EXPO!
Conestoga will be featuring our very own Science Expo for grades 4-6!
This is your opportunity to share an experiment that outlines the scientific process.
WHERE: Conestoga Elementary School
WHEN: Projects brought in by 1:15 on May 2ND
Breakfast & Visitation the Morning of May 3rd
WHAT MAY I DO?
- An experiment with a display using the steps of the scientific process.
The Scientific Process includes:
- Forming a question – this is will be the title of your project.
- Forming a hypothesis – this means to make a best guess at what the answer to your question will be.
- Experiment/Research Plan and Material – This means to write out your procedures and materials.
- Data Analysis/Report Results – this means to do the experiment and record the results.
- Draw conclusions – this is when you finally get the chance to tell what answer you found to your question.
You must register by March 16th in order to participate. Complete the form below and return it to your classroom teacher. Then mark your calendar and come out for a FUN morning on May 3rd!
CLICK ON REGISTRATION AND SCIENCE FAIR GUIDE FOR MORE INFORMATION: SCIENCE EXPO Registration; Science Fair Guide
Conestoga students raised $3,629.82 for the annual Jump Rope for Heart fund raising event this month. The top fund raiser is Meadow Donohue, who raised $1,150.00! Congratulations to Meadow and all the top fund raisers in each class that participated:
Brandon Hanna, Violet Hertzler, Hailey Fafel, Melissa Weaver, Garrison Webster, Peyton Suydam, Wesley Kendig and Joe Ritchey
Medals (Did My Part to Save a Heart) were given to Brandon Hanna, Meadow Donohue, Melissa Weaver & Joe Ritchey.
Pins (Ambassadors) were given to Alyssa Bresch, Violet Hertzler, Joel Stoner, Meadow Donohue, Garrison Webster, Peyton Suydam and Wes Kendig.
As part of this event, there was a drawing for all students who raised at least $50 to win a faculty/staff signed t-shirt. The winner of the shirt is Joel Stoner.
The Conestoga PTO is sponsoring an ice cream social after the Talent Show this Friday, March 2nd.
They do need your help and are asking students and families to donate toppings . . . . . such as sprinkles, whipped cream, cherries, nuts, chopped fruit, chopped cookies, candies, etc. You may send in your donation to school or bring them with you the night of the talent show.
Click on the link below for information about the next school board meeting.
Board Meeting 3 5 12
On February 16th, representatives from the Lancaster County Master Gardener Program visited Conestoga Elementary 5th and 6th grades. Penn State University Master Gardeners, Lydia Martin, Lydia Pease, Linda Kay Pressley and Michele Pique presented information about local bees species.
Tying directly to our elementary science curriculum, the gardeners shared information about how to protect bees, the importance of local bee populations and how local plants live in synchronicity with bees. In addition to a display of local bees and wasps, a hive of live bees was presented to the 5th and 6th grade classes. Thank you.
Do you remember that beautiful jacket, lunch box, sweatshirt, etc. you bought just before school started? Have you seen it lately? Is your child missing a hat or pair of gloves?
Since the beginning of the year, we have accumulated many items in our lost and found which is located in the lobby as you enter the school. Please feel free to stop in any time and take a look or remind your child to look for their missing items. At the end of the school year, everything will be donated to local charities.
As you enroll your kindergartener for the 2012-2013 school year, you may have questions about how to make this an easy transition for your child. Click the link before for 10 tips to help in this process.
THANK YOU to the following Cruising for Conestoga business sponsors to date:
Landisville Animal Hospital
Any other businesses, please return sponsorship by March 2 to be included on the 3,000 letters! Thank you!
Please contact Emily Forrey, email@example.com, to suggest other businesses. Thank you!
Announcing an exciting new raffle item for Cruising for Conestoga: an ELECTRIC SCOOTER by Razor! Please return address labels by March 2nd to be eligible to win!
An electric scooter by Razor will now be another wonderful prize in the “5 label” raffle. For returning 5 different address labels, you can be eligible to win! Thank you Bob & Bonnie Martin & Pep Boys for making this prize possible.
Remember these few key points:
- Return labels by March 2nd
- Don’t forget your own address
- Siblings may use same addresses
- One different address per label
- Return 5 labels, get entered 1 time in “5 label” Raffle
- Return 10 labels, get entered 2 times in “5 label” Raffle
- Return 15 labels, get entered 3 times in “5 label” Raffle and 1 time in the Grand Prize Raffle for a chance to win a Kindle Fire or $50 Toys-R-Us gift card
“5-LABEL” RAFFLE ITEMS INCLUDE:
- Electric Scooter by Razor
- Hands on House museum passes
- Chuck e Cheese Party
- Laserdome Party
- Build-a-Bear Certificate
- Young Chef’s Academy classes
- Friendly’s gift certificates
- Starglazer’s certificates
- Village Green Golf Passes
- Rocky Springs Bowling Passes
- Leisure Lanes coupons
- Movie passes
- Kidz Club passes at Universal
- Strasburg Railroad tickets
GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE ITEMS INCLUDE:
- Kindle Fire with $25 Amazon gift card
- $50 Toys-R-Us gift card
The freshman class (2015) is offering PM spiritwear as their class fundraiser. Below is an order form, as well as an informational sheet that lists the many products that are available.
The logo was designed by a high school student, and is available in many color combinations – on short sleeve shirts, long sleeve shirts, hoodies, sweatpants, and mesh shorts. There is also travel mugs, sports bottles, and drawstring bags.
Please submit all orders to the office by Wednesday, February 29th so we are able to send them to the HS in a timely manner. The deadline for ordering is March 1.