Spring 2012 Coaches Needed for Conestoga Elementary School!
A lot more than a running program…Girls on the Run is a life-changing character development program for girls in 3rd through 5th grades. This after-school program addresses all aspects of a girl’s development including her physical, mental, emotional and social well-being. Young girls are empowered with a greater sense of self-awareness, a sense of achievement and a foundation in team building to help them become strong, self-confident women.
- VOLUNTEER position – GOTR training and first aid/CPR training is provided by GOTR
- Coach training dates are: Jan. 28 or Feb. 25 (you would choose one)
- 10-week program beginning the week of March 5th
- YOU pick the days of the week for your team’s practice. Ex: Every Mon./Wed. or Tues./Thurs. whatever best suits your own schedule.
- Girls meet twice a week from 3:30 to 5:00 after school on the school premises.
- Final race is Saturday, May 19th at F&M Stadium
- All curriculum and materials needed for every lesson is completely provided.
- Lessons are co-taught between Head and Assistant coaches.
- The site application is due by January 1st.
- Coaches just need to have energy, enthusiasm and a fun-loving spirit! You do not need to be a runner!
*Please see the GOTR Lancaster website for more details about this amazing international program and to contact GOTR Lancaster Directors Carrie Johnson and Jennifer West.
* If you are interested in coaching a team, you can also contact Larisa Garpstas, Second Grade teacher at Conestoga – firstname.lastname@example.org. She was the Head Coach both fall 2010 and spring 2011 seasons. She assisted this fall 2011.